The St John’s Parent Teacher Association (SJPTA) is a registered charity and all families with children attending St John’s, as well as staff, are members.
A committee made up of parents, staff and friends work with the school to raise funds and hold events to benefit the school and its pupils. We also receive generous donations from individuals and local organisations. We are proud to have been involved in many projects, including:
- Yearly funding for Christmas and summer trips or treats for every pupil
- Soundbeam assistive music technology
- The playground pirate ship and various play equipment
- Refurbishment of the Interactive Light and Sound Room
- Refurbishment of the Soft Play area
- A purpose built canopy outside one of the Lower Phase classrooms to create extra teaching and learning space
- The sensory garden
- Play equipment for the Lower phase play area
- Funding theatre performances at St John’s
- Producing annually a St John’s calendar which is circulated to all families
- The Leavers’ ceremony and their gifts
- The FE Prom
- Work experience projects
Committee meetings are held once a month and are informal and friendly. The meetings discuss future fundraising activities and are also an opportunity to make decisions on funding applications from the school and deciding how our funds will be spent benefiting the pupils.
If you would like to be part of the committee or can spare a few hours a year to help at an event we would love to hear from you.
If you would like more information about the Association please contact Jo Jones, Chairperson, SJPTA, via the school office or e-mail: email@example.com