Local Advisory Board
Governors at St John’s have always played an active and supportive role in the life of the school. Now St John’s is part of a multi academy trust: Bedford Inclusive Learning and Training Trust (BILTT) we have a Local Advisory Board (LAB) which reports to the BILTT Board of Trustees.
Our Board Members:
- Help to shape the vision and direction of the school
- Ensure that the school fulfils its statutory duties
- Work with the school to ensure that it delivers good quality education
- Monitor and review all school policies, procedures and practice in order to secure the educational and social well-being of all pupils;
- Monitor how effectively the school budget, resources and accommodation secure outstanding teaching and learning.
Board members have duties under company law and our multi academy trust funding agreement. Boards also operate within charity law and regulations.
Chair of LAB: Simon Broomfield
Address: St John’s Special School and College, Austin Canons, Bedford. MK42 8AA
The LAB has two committees that report to the Board - The Operations and HR Committee and the Quality of Education Committee. Link Governors work with school staff to support and challenge the work of the school with our pupils to ensure they receive the best provision.